Around Christmas 2015, I decided to build an electric guitar. I’ve never done this before and when I told my brother about this project, he was much more interested than I expected and he wanted me to document what I did. So I decided to do that by keeping a blog of the process, talking about every aspect of the project. This is that blog.
The first guitar I built is documented as “guitar #1” and you should read this post first, it talks about what I wanted to build. The “Frankencaster” was a modified Telecaster body, with a tummy cut and a forearm contour, a Stratocaster neck, and Gibson-style pickups and electronics, with custom wiring by yours truly. Subsequent posts are all linked within each preceeding post.
After I finished guitar #1, I got interested in seeing what types of Telecasters I could build and I decided to build several more. Telecaster #2 was be a Telecaster with a nice wood body, traditional pickups, no pick guard, and with some more experimental wiring (pickups in series). Telecaster #3 was painted by me and Tele #4 is a post-modern interpretation of “micawber” 😉
Finally, there is my fingerstyle electric Telecaster. See below.
All of these guitars are documented in this blog. Feel free to start at the beginning or just to browse.